Wild Domestic hail from London, Ontario. They describe themselves as “a five-piece, two drummer, post-rock band”. The band features Joe Thorner (guitar/vox), Andrew Lennox guitar/synth/vox), Zon Hoffmundy (bass), Devon McCurry (drums) and Nathan Lamb (drums) with the water st. projects (on sound control).
Wild Domestic engaged in an East Coast tour this past summer and had so much fun, they are returning. The tour will commence October 17th at CBTG’s in St. John’s, Newfoundland. They will be at CBTG’s for three nights before travelling across the island and into Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island before returning to Ontario (see complete tour dates below).
I have yet to see Wild Domestic live, but after listening to their debut album and having a chance to ask them some questions, their return to Halifax is one I want to witness. After reading “10 Questions with…” I expect you’ll be joining me.
1. For those who are unfamiliar with Wild Domestic, tell me a bit about the band.
Wild Domestic are brothers from Sarnia, they now reside in London, not England. That’s where the music got made!
2. Wild DomestIc has toured Atlantic Canada fairly recently. What made you want to return?
3. What are some of your favourite things to do in Atlantic Canada?
Play shows and devour bologna. Actually, that’s all we can afford to do.
4. Let’s take you back to early in your life. When did you first decide you wanted to be a musician?
When we started making art together.
5. Who are your biggest musical influences?
You’d have to ask Zon. He’s not here right now.
6. What has been Wild Domestic’s favourite moment?
Putting out our first record. So much love from our hometown!
7. Where would you like to tour?
Everywhere that will have us. Hoping to make it to SXSW this March.
8. If you could invite two people to sit in with the band, who would they be and why?
We’re gonna track down Mark Gaudet when we get to Moncton and we’re gonna track down Bono when we get to the moon.
9. If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing?
Joe wouldn’t work at the beer store.
Dev would never set foot in Sears.
There’s no way Zon would cook another chicken finger.
Andrew never worked at the fancy grocery store.
And Nate would still be doing sound.
10. Where do you see yourselves in 20 years?
Living together somewheres nice.
Oct. 17 – St. John’s, N @ CBTG’s w/tba
Oct. 18 – St. John’s @ CBTG’s w/ Bloody Diamonds, Brad L’Eriche, The Sunstones
Oct. 19 – St. John’s @ CBTG’s w/ Bloody Diamonds, Brain Eaters, Garden Riot
Oct. 20 – St. John’s @ Cabin Show
Oct. 21 – St. John’s @ House Show
Oct. 22 – Stephenville @ Clancy’s Pub w/ Wing Nite
Oct. 23 – Cornerbrook @ White Horse Lounge w/tba
Oct. 24 – Sydney, NS @ Governor’s Pub
Oct. 25 – Halifax, NS @ Secret House Show
Oct. 26 – Moncton, NB @ Plan B w/ Repartee, 60 lp’s
Oct. 27 – Moncton, NB @ Plan B w/Out of Sound Records
Oct. 28 – Moncton, NB @ Plan B w/Doom Squad, HSY
Oct. 29 – Fredericton, NB @ Reneu Boutique w/Motherhood, Famines
Oct. 30 – Truro, NS @ tba w/ Scott Nicks, Walrus & more
Oct. 31 – Halifax, NS @ tba
Nov. 1 – Charlottetown, PEI @ Hunter’s Ale House
Nov. 2 – Ottawa, ON @ Nostalgica